Why You Should Consider Rubberized Roofing for Your Bronx Home
If it’s time to replace the roof on your Bronx home, you may be browsing the various roofing materials available to you from a roofing contractor. One of these materials is rubberized roofing, which contributes to the fire resistance, energy efficiency, and water resistance of homes, and many homeowners enjoy its various advantages.
Benefits of Rubberized Roofing
- Longevity – If your rubberized roof is installed by an experienced roofing contractor, it can last up to 50 years. Because water damage doesn’t occur very often on rubberized roofs, they tend to age very well.
- Energy Efficiency – A significant advantage of rubberized roofing is its ability to resist solar light and heat, resulting in sizable energy savings. Rubberized roofing also offers insulation so that heat is contained within homes during the cold months of the year.
- Minimal Maintenance – Generally, rubberized roofing repairs are quick, easy, and affordable. A lot of repairs are done with specialized tape or liquid rubber. Rubberized roofs don’t require a lot of maintenance, and most homeowners repaint their roofs every 10 years.
- Fire Resistance – If you want to reduce the likelihood of fire damage, you should consider rubberized roofing because it is fire resistant. In fact, some insurance companies lower rates for homeowners who install rubberized roofs.
- Recyclability – Homeowners who prefer to purchase eco-friendly products often select rubberized roofing because it is constructed with recycled materials. Additionally, the energy used to make rubberized roofing is less than the energy used to make other roofing materials, and your rubberized roof will be entirely recyclable at the end of its useful life.
- Reasonable Price -Rubberized roofing is an affordable roofing option, and this cost includes the cost of materials and installation. Your roofing contractor will be able to install your rubberized roof with relative ease because it is such a lightweight material. This lightweight quality also means that you won’t have to reinforce your roof deck.
- Water Resistance -Rubber is a waterproof material, so proper installation will ensure that your rubberized roof resists water damage, ponding, and moisture accumulation.
Hire Our Skilled Team of Professionals for a Roof Replacement
If you’re intrigued by the idea of owning a rubberized roof, reach out to the roofing specialists at Eden Roofing & Waterproofing NYC, a trusted roofing contractor. Our Bronx roofers will ensure that your new rubberized roofing is properly installed and looks great on your Bronx home.